Basic island data
Location: Potomac River, at the south end of Theodore Roosevelt Island, District of Columbia.
Coordinates: 38.891° N, 77.059° W
Area: 6 acres / 2.4 hectares
Highest point: 7 feet / 2 meters
-- Former: South Island
-- Former: Swan Island
– Coordinates: Geographic Names Information System, US Geological Survey.
– Area: WorldIslandInfo.com measurement from US Geological Survey topographic mapping.
– High point: US Geological Survey topographic map.
– Alternate names: Geographic Names Information System, US Geological Survey.
– Picture: WorldIslandInfo.com – usable with link and attribution.
Little Island is an island of 6 acres in the Potomac River at the south end of Theodore Roosevelt Island, in the District of Columbia.
It is the sixth-largest island in the District.
The island is unbridged and undeveloped, and is covered by forest.
Little Island was formerly known as South Island or Swan Island.
Return to WorldIslandInfo.com home.
Copyright 1995-2009 Joshua Calder
Contact Joshua Calder at calder.josh[at]gmail.com with questions or suggestions.
island geography / biggest island